CONTEST ENTRY: SIMPLE/INTERMEDIATE TUTORIAL
Layered Chevron Heart Nail Art Tutorial by Siobhan M.
*Tip Top Polish is available in South Africa
Base coat (Tip Top Toughen Up)
Top coat (Essence Absolute Pure)
Pastel pink polish (Tip Top’s Melting Marshmallow)
Darker pink polish (Tip Top’s Tickled Pink)
Red polish (Tip Top’s Cherries in the Snow)
Circular Binder Paper reinforcements
1. Cut your reinforcements in half with a scissors and stick the two halves on each other so that they overlap, making the shape of the top of heart or a 3. Make 20 of these. It is very important to press them on your hand a bit to remove some of the stickiness.
2. One thin coat of base coat.
3. Two thin coats of pastel pink polish.
4. Leave to dry for at least 10 minutes. It must be completely dry before moving on to step 5.
5. You’re going to use the first 10 reinforcements you’ve made. Do each nail separately.
Place a heart-top-reinforcement some space above your cuticle and make sure you get out all the air bubbles. Paint above it with your darker pink polish and then remove the reinforcement immediately with a tweezer as that’s easier. Repeat for rest of nails.
6. Leave to dry for at least 15 minutes.
7. Once dry, do the exact same thing as step 5, only placing the heart-top-reinforcement a little above the bottom of the darker pink line and paint above it with red polish. Remove the heart-top-reinforcement immediately with your tweezer and repeat for each nail.
You’ll see your middle colour will look a little like a heart.
8. Finish with a top coat and enjoy
*** JUDGING NOTES ***
Siobhan’s nail art is gorgeous, well executed on both hands and her entry was complete. I immediately think of February and Valentines with her perfect color choices. What makes her design a little more difficult than “simple” is the taping with the circular binder reinforcements. Easy process, but not always perfect execution for a beginner. Great taping designs take a little practice. This is the only aspect that kept this design from being in the winner’s circle.
What do you think of this this design? Comment below….